This course is designed for information assurance professionals who perform job functions related to the development, operation, management, and enforcement of security capabilities for systems and networks. This course is also designed for students who are seeking to fulfill DoD directive 8570.01 for information assurance (IA) training. This program is designed for personnel performing IA functions, establishing IA policies and implementing security measures and procedures for the Department of Defense and affiliated information systems and networks. To ensure your success in this course you should have the following requirements:
- Recommended at least 2 years of experience in computer network security technology or a related field.
- Recognize information security vulnerabilities and threats in the context of risk management.
- Operate at a foundational level some of the common operating systems for computing environments.
- Foundational knowledge of the concepts and operational framework of common assurance safeguards in computing environments. Safeguards include, but are not limited to, basic authentication and authorization, resource permissions, and anti-malware mechanisms.
- Operate at a foundational level some of common concepts for network environments, such as routing and switching.
- Foundational knowledge of the concepts and operational framework of common assurance safeguards in network environments. Safeguards include, but are not limited to, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, and VPNs (virtual private networks).
You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses or by passing the relevant exams:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
In this course, you will develop, operate, manage, and enforce security capabilities for systems and networks. You will:
- Assess information security risk in computing and network environments
- Create an information assurance lifecycle process
- Analyze threats to computing and network environments
- Design secure computing and network environments
- Operate secure computing and network environments
- Assess the security posture within a risk management framework
- Collect cyber security intelligence information
- Respond to cyber security incidents
- Investigate cyber security incidents
- Audit secure computing and network environments